13 November 2017
eLibsys (Complete Library Management System) is a powerful, flexible and easy to use for librarian . eLibsys is a software developed with help of school , college and university librarians as per their requirement . Its offers many flexible and convenient features, allowing librarians and library users to maximize time and efficiency. On a networked system, this library software can enable users to save their time and also automate several processes.
eLibsys is capable of managing book issues, returns, magazine/newspaper subscriptions, book binding, periodical/journal bindings, calculating/managing fine, special search options, generating various reports for record-keeping and review purposes according to end user requirements.eLibsys also provide that reports which is the require at the time of NAC inspection.
More over this software is fully compatible with bar code. Use of bar codes for library management eases the everyday tasks of big libraries, where the number of transactions exceed several thousands in number. The bar code generation and printing process is a built-in feature of this software.
The eLibsys Network Version gives you inexpensive multiple-user power. On a network system, all users can edit and search the same database at the same time, maintain catalog of books, articles, recordings, corporate documents or patents.
eLibsys provide you tremendous features are as follows: -
OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
This feature can be used by students to search books with various options according to accession number, by author, subject, language, title etc. or by status with proper Amirah and even rack no. also.
- Issue/Return of Books (With single and bulk Mode)
- Re-Issue a Issued Book
- Stock verification
- User works report
- Writing off of books
- Circulation record of Member
Photo capture facility
- Direct capture the students/members photo through web cam no need to scan photo separately.
- Book’s title page and end page can be added after scanning for the quick identification of the book at any step.
Rapid and Powerful Searches
- Instant Search feature beginning or partial fields or all fields.
- Searches may optionally be lexical (ignore letter case and accents) and ignore leading articles.
- Literature Reference fields and Date fields may be searched for a range of references or dates.
- Search on any combination of fields using "and", "or" and "not" logical operators.
- Searches are automatically optimized to make use of indexes where possible.
- Find any record in a fraction of a second, even in a database with hundreds of thousands of records.
- Search results can be sorted either alphabetically on title or author, or sorted on release date or purchase date.
- Quick Search feature to find all the books that contain the criteria you specified, or use the Advanced Filter command to search in specific fields, even multiple fields at once.
- Maintain multiple-user databases with automatic record locking to insure database integrity.
- Multiple users can edit and search a database at the same time. When a record is saved, all users immediately see the changes.
- Each user can have personal default settings.
- Compatible with most local- and wide-area networks, including Novell Netware, Windows NT, Windows 2000, and most other peer-to-peer and server-based networks.
Import and Export
User can import books and students from any excel sheet to software and also can export any report from software to excel.
Backup and Restore
Backup and Restore utility has been provided to avoid any kind of data loss. If unfortunately you have deleted some data then no need to worry you can easily restore data using this utility.
Other Useful Features
- Multilingual support for most Indian Languages Support.
- Once a title has been entered the other copies for the same title (if any) can be entered with just a click of button.
- Individual book issue criteria (i.e. Max. Days, Fine per Day etc.)
- Comprehensive fields for Books and Member's record to suit all requirements
- Membership subscription period management (Optional)
- Customizable grouping of members under various Categories and Classes
- Periodical title entry, subscription, magazine/newspaper subscription management facility
- Transfer all student one class to other class
- Preparation/binding details of the periodicals
- Promote and demote students (class wise or all)
- Various kinds of editable letters like approval letter, intimation letter etc.
- Barring of book issues to defaulters (optional)
- Every entry form contains its own searching facility.
- Powerful search for books and members based on various criteria
- Special searching option for students only.
- Complete management of book-donors, vendors, publishers, authors, locations, subjects, categories, classes, rack-shelves, binders etc.
- Performance of library staff can be checked at any time for any particular period.
- No limitation of number of records, i.e., you can enter as many records as desired.
Why should you go for eLibsys?
Secure and Reliable
You can trust it to store your data. It satisfies all modern security standards.
Easy to Access
Its quick access features can save your time. As in eLibsys we have given many important and frequent shortcuts on the main screen so that access may be easy for the users.
It’s easy to access features has made it user friendly software. Any layman can understand the flow of software after the basic training.
There is a wide range of reports which helps to analyze the data.
Various reports are:
- Complete catalog of books/journals
- Complete list of books/journals approved/requested/denied
- Complete list of books/journals approved but not purchased
- Complete list of books/journals purchased (bill number wise, purchase date wise etc.)
- Complete list of books/journals received in donation
- List of books/journals according to the subject, category, material, location, etc.
- List of authors, publishers, vendors, book donors, etc.
- List of journals not received, due, received or issued
- List of books/journals reserved
- Stock taking summary
- Book’s complete transaction history
- Books/journals issued/returned/due etc.
- List of most circulated, least circulated and never circulated books/journals
- List of missing books
- Members categories & rules
- List of members (student/staff)
- Members summary
- List of defaulter/overdue members
- Fine collection summary
- Fine overdue summary
- Fine summary class wise, students wise, students wise
- List of most frequent members
- List of bound periodicals/due for binding
- List of periodicals due for renewal
- Quick count of the books/journals according to the subject, category, material, location, etc.
- Bar code generation for books/members
- List of books title with subject wise
- List of all subjects or subjects wise